

Well even though one of the things I have been looking most forward to in getting ready for Little Miss J is the nursery I've been waiting until we got closer to moving time. Well considering we move November 1st I realized it was about time. I wanted to try and make all the bedding as I was really not loving any of the super "cute" or overly matched sets out there, not to mention they are so over priced. I toyed with the idea of making all of the necessary pieces, but realized that too was pretty costly once you bought all the fabric. So I settled on the idea of hunting down the perfect ready-made piece that I could buy then maybe make some of the other items to coordinate with.
Last week I found a few things to check out, and Saturday I did the leg work. Started at Pottery Barn Kids. I bought a few of their cute patterned crib sheets, one with Owls and one with Birds. I liked them both, but the crib bumpers were a little to "shabby chic" for me. Then I ended up at Land of Nod. Jackpot! I went in looking for the Morning Zoo crib bumper I saw online, and it was perfect. The colors are great, and they had a cute green polka dot sheet from one of their "boy" colections that coordinated so perfectly! So I'm on my way now. I got the bumper and two crib sheets. Now I need to focus on the crib quilt and window coverings. Thankfully we don't need a crib skirt because the crib I like has built in drawers at the bottom.
I made my way over to Pacific Fabrics in Northgate and found a fun pink patterned fabric, and a soft pink fuzzy fabric that will be great for the quilt. I think I can manage sewing a rectangle, LOL, I hope! Thanks EtsyRain for the 20% off Pacific Fabrics coupon from the Pre-holiday Show! It went to good use and the gal behind the counter knew exactly where it came from :).
Now paint colors, a mobile ( I'm hoping to have the time to make myself), and other bits and pieces. I'm getting so excited. I hope I have enough time and energy to get it done before she gets here.

No comments:
Post a Comment